Regional Sales Representative
We are in search of a Regional Sales Representative with positive attitude to join a team of professionals inspired to achieve success. This individual will be responsible for selling our extended service programs to business and automotive establishments or individuals at sales offices, stores, or customer’s place of business by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers by phone, email, and fax.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Manages assigned customer pricing for established products.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s service and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Forecasts monthly sales.
- Forecasts annual sales.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing and other essential contacts.
- Works with customers to develop new services.
- Ensures market competitiveness
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with service, quality, etc.
- Attends trade shows.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively. Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 3 – 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.